In accordance with the definition established in Law 1581 of 2012, personal data is any information linked or that may be associated with one or more determined or determinable individuals, as well as establishing the minimum conditions for the legitimate treatment of personal data of customers, employees and any other individual or legal entity.
In accordance with Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013 and Law 1266 of 2008, Quiñones Cruz Abogados SAS and QC Inversiones SAS, (hereafter, “the firms”) use personal data strictly for advancing its corporate objective, performing its legal obligations, providing information, or as required by the contractual relationship that links them to the owner of personal data. As detailed below the firm may access data to:
- Manage all the information necessary to comply with the tax obligations, commercial and accounting records of the firms.
- The data provided by the owner will be stored, used and managed under reasonable conditions of security and confidentiality.
- All the corporate officers that are part of the firms are responsible for the adequate handling and confidentiality of all the information that they must know for the normal development of their functions.
- The firms do not request data classified as sensitive, specifically pursuant to the first chapter of Decree 1377 of 2013, which may affect the privacy of the owner of the information, or whose improper use may generate discrimination thereof.
- Execute all service provision contracts.
- Exercise the defense of the client’s interests in the tasks entrusted to the firms, applying the current legal regulations.
- Internal administrative procedures of the firms, such as accounting reports, audits and billing.
- Comply with labor obligations, which in accordance with current legal regulations, firms must fulfill in relation to their employees.
- Data may be used for any other purpose that is related to the performance of the contract concluded with the owner.
Rights of the owner of personal data:
- To be informed, following a prior request, about the use that has been given to their personal data.
- To Access, rectify, and update personal data
- To have access to the personal data that has been processed in accordance with article 21 of Decree 1377 of 2013.
- To file before the Superintendency of industry and commerce complaints for breaches of the regulations related to this matter.
The firms point the data owner to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, to which the owner may write in accordance with Law 1581 of 2012, when seeking to exercise their rights to access, update, rectify and delete information, or to revoke their data authorization. The area in charge will be responsible for processing and responding any queries raised by the data owner within 10 days. Alternatively, any required information may also be sent by certified mail to our office located at Carrera 9A No. 99-02 502A Office in Bogotá, or the owner can contact the firms by calling to the telephone number (57) (1) 6182883.
For the query to be processed, it is necessary that the data owners submit the following information.
- Full name
- Type of identification and ID number
- Address for notification
- Telephone contact
Mr. owner, if you wish to consult information or request the deletion of your personal data from our databases, we thank you for communicating with us within 30 days of the publication of this policy, using any of the communication channels established by the firms, and updating, ratifying, or revoking the authorization that the owner would have previously given to use data. If you decide not to do so, after the aforementioned deadline we shall consider that the processing of your personal data has been duly authorized.
This policy is effective as of October 31, 2016, any changes will be promptly reported to the owners.